advertisement

Android Auto: New features available

News on the front Android Auto: Google's system has implemented several features within it to improve the user experience. The first of these is the feature split screen, with which it is possible to use two apps simultaneously shown on the display.

Basically, through it it will be possible to divide the screen into two parts: 70% of the display for the main application and the remaining 30% for the secondary one, with interchangeable order. Concrete example: split screen between Google Maps or Waze and a music streaming app.

The other big news indirectly concerns Google Maps and Waze, which will no longer be the only navigation apps that can be used on Android Auto. Alternative apps to these native ones will soon be available. These include Sygic GPS Navigation, TomTom AmiGO, MapFactor and Chargemap.

On Android Auto also new games, wallpapers and shortcuts

But the news of Android Auto they are not over here. For a few weeks it has been possible to change the background, there are new shortcuts on the main screen with which to insert quick links to contacts and Google Assistant actions and new games and quizzes have arrived that can be activated with the voice via voice assistant.

advertisement

To activate them simply say "Ok Google, let's play a game". Some of these new features are already available to some users, while others will arrive shortly.

The advice is to check that the latest version of Android Auto has been installed by opening the Google Play Store from your smartphone, accessing the “My apps and games” section and checking for new updates available. If yes, install them.

advertisement
TechToday is also on ➡️ Google News ⭐️ Activate the starlet and follow us!
Subscribe
Notify
guest
0 Declarations
Inline feedback
View all comments
TechToday
Logo