After days and days of leaks, the day has finally come: Meizu 17 and older brother 17 Pro are out in China. The two devices are expected to be two of the best best buys given their value for money. They are placed in the top range segment mainly for their hardware sector but not only. In fact, also on the software side Flyme is updated to the latest version 8.1. Let's see together the characteristics of these two devices.
Meizu 17 and 17 Pro are official in China: here is everything you need to know
Meizu display 17
As for the display we find a large Super AMOLED with resolution FullHD + (2340 x 1080 pixels). The panel is a 6.6 " and on his side we have very minimal edges. In particular, on the upper side, unlike the other devices, there is no forehead. L'aspect ratio amounts to 92.2% and this means that almost all of the front panel is occupied by the glass. As anticipated in previous leaks, the refresh rate at 90Hz for a super fluid experience. Finally, in the upper right corner, there is one really tiny single cam which we will talk about shortly. Last but not least, weight and measurements: 199 g for a thickness of 8.5 mm. The weight may seem high but we consider that the back is in ceramic and not in aluminum alloy.
A small parenthesis: the ceramic back of the beautiful Meizu Zero was carried on this device.
Meizu cameras 17
As for the photographic sector, we know that the back is equipped with a module with 4 sensors. These are from: main sensor from 64 megapixel (Sony IMX686 with aperture f / 1.8), depth sensor from 12 megapixel (aperture f / 1.9), ultra wide angle sensor from 8 megapixel (up to 118 °) and a macro from 5 megapixel. At the center of the four cameras is the inevitable flash ring silver colored.
Turning to the front, as we said before, we find a single cam. This has a resolution of 20 megapixel with support to Super Night Mode 3.0. This will allow, even in low light conditions (and without flash) to make excellent night photos.
Meizu hardware and software 17
The aspect that we have all been waiting for, that is what we find under the shell. Starting from the brain, we find the processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, the last of the US house. This is an octa-core made up of four cores clocked at 1.8GHz, three cores clocked at 2.42GHz e a main core clocked at 2.84GHz. As regards the GPU we have one Adreno 650 assisted by a Hexagon 698. In short, nothing to envy to the best tip of the range in recent months.
For the rest we find well 8 GB of RAM type LPDDR4X and memory UFS 3.1 128 and 256 GB not expandable. The latter will allow very high read and write speeds without the risk of jamming given the SoC.
There is no shortage of sensor NFC for contactless and battery payments from Mah 4.500. Small parenthesis: this capacity is the maximum reached by the brand to date. The charging cell supports a power from 30W which will allow to reach the 50% in about 30 minutes and 100% in less than an hour. The version Pro is equipped with wireless charging but for convenience the differences with the standard we will see them at the end of the article. For more news about charging technology and mSmart 5G we refer you to our previous article.
Colors and prices Meizu 17
There are three colors available: Pine Deep Ink, Gray e Fantasy Unicorn. Regarding the prices, they clearly vary according to the RAM - Memory configuration.
- 8 GB - 128 GB: 3.699 yuan, approximately 480 € at the current exchange rate;
- 8 GB -128 GB: 3.999 yuan, approximately 520 € at the current exchange rate
Meizu 17 Pro: differences with the standard version
Now let's move on to the enhanced version, or the Pro. This has few but substantial differences with the standard one:
- rear cameras: we have a main one from 64 megapixel (Sony IMX686 with aperture f / 1.8) a depth sensor from 8 megapixel (with f / 2.4 aperture), an ultra wide angle sensor from 32 megapixel (Sony IMX616 with f / 2.2 aperture) and a macro sensor from 5 megapixel (Samsung S5K33D);
- front camera: this changes from 20 to 32 megapixel with an angle down to 129 °;
- there is a new technology for augmented reality (AR) that will allow, thanks to the macro sensor, to measure the elements that we frame without the need to download third-party apps;
- charging: the same battery from 4.500 mAh it can also be recharged using the wireless charging from 27W (50% in 30 minutes);
- RAM: you go from one LPDDR4X to one L;
- the colors available for Meizu 17 Pro are Black and Gold;
- prices: 8 GB - 128 GB: 4.299 yuan, around 560 € at the current exchange rate; 8 GB - 128 GB: 4.699 yuan, around 610 € at the current exchange rate.
Source | Meizu