Announced late last year, the Android 10 update for OnePlus 5 and 5T received its first beta in April of this year. Finally, after a few weeks of testing, the major software release has finally been released stably for devices.
According to the testimonies of some users, the notification for the update has started to appear today via OTA notification with a weight of about 1,8 GB. In addition to the new Android OS, the April security patches are implemented.
Among the novelties of Android 10 we find the new gesture navigation system, the dark mode for the whole system and security improvements as well as a redesigned notification center.
OnePlus 5 and 5T receive stable Android 10
Of course, the interface remains customized by OxygenOS, whose changelog of the changes mentions:
- The new Game Space feature now adds all your favorite games in one place for easier access and a better gaming experience
- It is now possible to block spam via keywords in messages
- Added the return gesture on the left and right sides of the phone
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow you to switch from left to right for recent apps
- Electronic image stabilization currently under optimization and will be released in later more stable versions
Recall that OnePlus 5 and 5T were announced in 2017 with the Android Nougat operating system on board, until now getting Android 10 which will be distributed slowly and gradually through OTA. A praise to OnePlus that still supports dated devices: that is an example to many other OEMs in the sector.