In some cases it may be useful to rely on a updater non-native to install system updates. One of these, for example, could be the one for which updates do not officially arrive on your device. for this reason the community of developers (independent and otherwise) has set to work to give users a super useful tool. This is a story that applies to all brands, OnePlus included. A user has in fact created a very useful tool to proceed with the offline download of the various versions of the OxygenOS. Let's see how it works together.
Here is a presentation and a guide to proceed to download OxygenOS offline through this new tool
Let's start by introducing the developer in question who responds to the pseudonym of Pierre02, from which the website takes its name (which you find in the source). Through its website you can access various windows including tools, guides and mods related to the world OnePlus. What we are interested in is "Download OxygenOS". Once clicked on this wording we will bring you to a window that will allow us to perform the download the tool for Windows.
Below is a guide provided by the same developer:
- first you need to download the desired package and move it to the main memory of your smartphone;
- secondly you need to open the settings and go to "System">"Updates of system";
- now tap on the top right and select "Local update";
- now by selecting the package we downloaded, the system will inform us that a factory reset will be performed if we were moving from the beta branch to the stable branch. If not, we will not be notified of anything;
- once selected we can give the ok by clicking on “Update now"
For completeness of information it is necessary to communicate that it is not an official tool and therefore the TechToday team does not take responsibility in case you encounter problems. In any case, just contact the developer for more information.
Source | Pierre02